What Next After BHMS?
What Next After BHMS? Have you got your BHMS Degree? Or are you a BHMS internee? Now thinking What to do after BHMS? Confusion rises right after completing BHMS or in the verge of completing BHMS. As there are numerous options in front of BHMS graduates, We have given a brief about career options after BHMS, in this article. which may be helpful to a new or fresher BHMS doctor!!
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is an undergraduate medical degree course in homeopathic system. This degree is awarded after the completion of 5.5 years academic programme containing the 4 and 1/2 year academic session and one year compulsory internship programme. After completing this degree, you will be qualified to practise homoeopathy as a doctor. The degree holder is qualified to use the prefix “doctor,” which is abbreviated as Dr.
After completing Graduations in the BHMS course there are variety of options. Graduates in homoeopathy might choose to specialize in different fields. They can pursue careers in a variety of fields. They can opt for further studies or start working as well right after completing the course.
What Next After BHMS? Higher Study!!
Next after BHMS one can pursue higher studies in homoeopathy and related fields. It may be degree specialization like MD, MSc in different health related field. or Master Degree in Management/Administration . One can choose different Certificate or PG Diploma course next after BHMS.
Master’s Courses After BHMS
I.MD in Homoeopathy/Degree Specialisation
- MD (Hom) Organon of Medicine
- MD (Hom) Psychiatry
- MD (Hom) Pharmacy
- MD (Hom) Paediatrics
- MD (Hom) Practice of Medicine
- MD (Hom) Material Medical
- MD (Hom) in Homoeopathy Repertory
II. MSc Courses after BHMS
- MSc Applied Psychology
- MSc Clinical Research
- MSc Medical Biochemistry
- MSc Genetics/microbiology
- MSc Food Science
- MSc Health Sciences and Yoga Therapy
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Human Genome
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Hospital Management
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- Master of Hospital Administration
PG Diploma & Certificate Courses after BHMS
- PG Diploma in Hospital and Health Management
- PG Diploma in Social and Preventive Healthcare
- PG Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
- PG Diploma in Preventive and Promotive Healthcare
- PG Diploma in Health Science Research
- PG Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition
- Diploma in Medical Trichology
- Diploma in Electro-Homeopathy
- PG Diploma in Clinical Diabetology
- PG Diploma in Medical Technology
Jobs!!! What Next After BHMS? is it?
After completion of compulsory Internship in BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) degree course a freshers doctor may start private practice. People seek homoeopathic doctors for a complete cure of their ailment as this medication method has no side effects, and this aspect encourages homoeopathy graduates to establish their own clinics for self-practice.
He or she could work as a professor /Lecturer/Reader/ researcher in homoeopathic colleges/Research institutes.
BHMS Professionals can work for companies that specialise in homoeopathic medicines.
After completing BHMS, there are professional opportunities both in India and abroad. Many companies in the manufacturing and research fields throughout the world are looking for professionals in this subject.
BHMS doctors are recruited in various Job Profiles by both Government & Private Recruiters. Here is a Look ..
Job Profiles As
- Doctor/AYUSH Doctor
- Research Fellow/Research Officer/Research Associate
- Medical assistant
- Public health specialist
- Clinical Coordinator
- Medical Officer/Duty Doctor/RMO
- Medical Writer
Recruiters or Employers:
- Government/Private Medical colleges
- Government/ private hospitals/Nursing home
- Homoeopathic Clinics/Specialty Clinic
- Research institutes
- Public Health Sector
- Training institutes
- Charitable institutions/NGOs
- Healthcare community /Pharmaceutical industries
- Life science industries
- Homoeopathic medicine store/Dispensaries
In terms of pay, medical area is always considered as gold standard among all.
In Government Sector, Pay Scale of Homoeopathic Doctors who are in Regular /Permanent services as Per Govt. Rules.
Whereas in Contractual Services A homoeopathic doctor’s monthly Consolidated ranges from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000 in the government sector.
In the private sector it starts at around Rs. 20,000 per month for Freshers doctors. But it varies as company wise.
With little experience i.e. Higher degrees as well as working experiences, one can earn a respectable monthly pay ranging from Rs. 50, 000 to Lacks or more.
Lastly as a reputable doctor in the community, there are no wage ceilings in own clinic.
The Bottom Line!!
After completion of BHMS degree one can choose Higher studies or Private Practice or Jobs or more than one simultaneously. Its solely the choice of the candidate. Here are few website link which may help the candidate to be updated.
I Ministry Of AYUSH: https://www.ayush.gov.in/
II. Central Council For Research in Homoeopathy: https://www.ccrhindia.nic.in/
III. AIAPGET (ALL INDIA AYUSH POST GRADUATE ENTRANCE TEST): https://aiapget.nta.ac.in/
READ ALSO: Latest Homoeopathy Jobs News
READ MORE: AIAPGET Result 2021: All India Ayush PG Exam Result Declared!!Check All Updates Here!!