THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2021 –
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute Gurgaon announces Admission to PhD in Biomedical and Clinical Research Program 2021
THSTI is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research across disciplines and professions to accelerate the development of concepts into products to improve human health. THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi offering doctoral programs in biomedical science research.
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2021 – Translational Health Science and Technology Institute Gurgaon announces admission to PhD Programs under two tracks (i) Biomedical Research and (ii) Clinical Research year 2021-22 (Monsoon Session)
The thematic areas of ongoing research are:
- Infection & Immunology
- Maternal & Child Health
- Non-Communicable Disease
- Multidisciplinary Clinical & Translational Research
- Students selected for the program are required to undergo PhD Coursework followed by completion of research ending with submission of a thesis dissertation. This PhD program is governed by the rules of JNU.
No. of seats
Intake : A maximum of 8 candidates may be selected this session.
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Application Process :– Ongoing
- Last date for apply application :- 27th June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2021
The candidate must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Should have a Master’s degree in any branch of biomedical/ life sciences (including veterinary science, public health, pharmaceutical sciences), bioinformatics, chemistry, computer science or mathematics or a B Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or its equivalent (e.g.: grade B in the UGC 7-point scale).
- Must have qualified in the JRF examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (category I only), NBHM or AYUSH-NET which provides fellowship for their PhD program.
- Note: Candidates having AYUSH-NET fellowship will conduct research work in the fields related to AYUSH only.
Group B: (THSTI fellowship equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount)
- Should have MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ MD/ MDS/ MPH or its equivalent from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent OR
- BE/B.Tech. (computer science/ biotechnology/ biomedical engineering/ mechanical/ electronics/electrical engineering)/ B. Pharma or post-graduate degree in Life Sciences (all disciplines), pharmacy, medicinal chemistry, chemistry, physics, mathematics or bioinformatics from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent along with NET-LS/DBT-II category or a valid GPAT/GATE qualification OR
- Should have SRF fellowship from ICMR, CSIR.
- Candidates appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. However, they will be required to fulfill the above academic/ fellowship criteria at the time of joining the PhD program.
THSTI-JNU PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Interested Candidates can apply online through the website using the link https://thsti.res.in/phd_programme.php.
- Candidates fulfilling the above eligibility criteria need to apply online by 27th June 2021.
- Names of shortlisted candidates for Group A and Group B will be announced on our website.
- Group A: The candidates shortlisted for Group A will be called directly for the interview.
- Group B: The candidates shortlisted for Group B will have to appear for the written examination. Those who will qualify the written examination will be called for the interview.
- The dates for the written exam and interview will be announced later.
- Final selection will be made based on the applicant’s performance in the interview and the list of selected candidates will be published on the THSTI website.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the- Official Website
Read also-Latest Homoeopathy Jobs News