The National Commission for Homoeopathy released a draft on re-modeling of Homoeopathic Medical Education in India – Degree Regulations and Minimum Standard regulations for Homoeopathic Medical Colleges and attached hospitals 2022
Minimum Standards of Requirement for Homoeopathic Colleges & Attached Hospitals –
- Adopting a competency-based dynamic curriculum with Medical education technology unit in all the colleges
- A separate Department of Research Methodology and Biostatistics – that will promote high-end research in Homoeopathy – A professor/Associate Profesor, Assistant Pforessor and statistical Assistant
- National Teachers Eligibility test score is compulsory for the appointment as teacher and is valid for 3 years. No age bar for appointment as faculty in homoeopathic colleges. But PG should be completed before the age of 45.
- Introduction of modern pharmacology (as in BAMS) – that will offer more placement to young graduates in Public/Govt Sector
- All faculties are full-time and regular in Homoeopathy colleges – Minimum 42 teaching staff
- Minimum prescribed salary of all the teaching staff as per the 7th CPC
- Salary of non teaching/hospital staff as per the minimum wages under state/central rules. The salary shall be credited to the salary account through bank transfer
- The age of superannuation increased to 65 or as per the state rules(whichever is higher)
- Establishment of skill lab/ emergency ward/ clinical teaching rooms in hospitals
- Services of practising consultants for expertise in teaching
- Peripheral OPDs as referral centres /clinical exposures for students
- A separate department on Yoga
- Emergency Unit in all hospitals with training for emergency situations in skill labs and emergency ward
- Integration of Homoeopathic philosophy with pre , para and clinical subjects.
- First time admission capacity is 60. More seats will be allotted only after completion of the first batch
- Alumni association is manadatory
- Must install iris based biometric attendance
- Must have CCTV system with live streaming of class rooms and hsopitals
- A licensed homoeopathic software in all OPDs and linked with hospital management software
- Strength of non teaching staff requirements in each department also mentioned
- One additional Assistant Professor in the Department of Repertory, PM, Anatomy, Physiology
- Only 2 faculty in FMT and Community Medicine department
- A visiting faculty in the PM department to teach Modern Pharmacology
- A visiting faculty in the Organon Department to teach fundamentals of Psychology
- Faculty/staff shall be posted on contract/probation only for a period of one year and if the service is found to be satisfactory, probation may be removed and order for regular posting be issued.
- A unique teacher’s code for all eligible teachers
- All teachers appointed prior to notification of these regulations shall be considered for the departments in which they are posted currently. Change of department or subject shall not be permitted in any case after the notification of these regulations. Any change in department or subject shall result into nil experience for the new subject or department in which he/she is going to be posted.
- NABH accreditation is compulsory for all attached hospitals
- Candidates with MSc Anatomy, Physiology, FMT, MPH etc can be appointed as Assistant Professors
- Publications in peer reviewed indexed journal is compulsory for promotion in all teaching cadre
- Duration of first BHMS for one and half year – study of all Homoeopathy subjects from the first BHMS along with exams of organon and materia medica. Case taking and Repertory from 1 BHMS onwards but exam in 3rd year only.
- B.H.M.S. course shall consist of main program and electives. Introducing electives for other therapeutic modalities, IT and AI based leering and integrated training programmes. Each student will be required to choose two electives each in first, second and third BHMS and complete six electives till the end of third BHMS.
- Foundation course in first BHMS
- Early clinical exposure right from first BHMS itself
- Minimum per day teaching of 7 hours
- One periodic and one term test in every 6 months
- No separate classes for odd batch student
- 20% weightage in annual exams of marks obtained in internal assessments. 50% marks in the internal assessment examinations is mandatory for University Examinations
- 20% MCQs in theory exams
- There shall be a minimum of one hour each for library and physical education per week and one hour of recreation
- Repertory and Community medicine from 2 BHMS onwards. Community Medicine will conclude in 3 BHMS
- Students should clear each year exam to write next year exam
- Published Evaluation Method for Periodical Assessment
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE), Objective Structured Practical Examination (OPSE),Mini Clinical Evaluation Exercise (Mini-CEX), Direct Observation of Procedures (DOP), Case Based Discussion(CBD) Extra-curricular Activities, (Social Work, Public Awareness, Surveillance/ Prophylaxis Activities, Sports or Other Activities which may be decided by the Department) etc included in the syllabus
- Stipend : the stipend shall be paid at par with other medical systems under the respective Government and there shall not be any discrepancy between medical systems.
- Comprehensive internship program : Excellent finishing Program with syllabus, criteria certificate of assessment to interns
Official Website- http://nch.org.in/
Download the notifications – Homoeopathy Degree Course – B.H.M.S. Regulations-2022 (1)
Read also– Latest Homoeopathy Jobs News