PATH Recruitment 2021
PATH Recruitment 2021 PATH is currently recruiting for Regional NTD Nodal Officer for Kala-Azar elimination who are responsible for 4-5 district at Divisional level. PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH, with the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is providing technical support for Elimination of VL and LF in Uttar Pradesh, in coordination with other development partners in the state. PATH provides strategic technical support at multiple levels including state, division. district, block and villages, through an integrated NTD (Neglected Tropical Diseases) field team, supporting the state government to achieve and sustain VL and LF elimination
Lymphatic Filariasis (LF): Lymphatic filariasis is a chronic neglected tropical disease associated with a huge proportion of morbidity and disability leading to disfigurement and social stigma, prevalent across multiple state in the country. Uttar Pradesh is one of the high endemic states having 51 of Out of 75 districts of Central and Eastern Uttar Pradesh, that are endemic for Lymphatic Filariasis (LF). Apart from Mass Drug Administration (MDA), that is being conducted in most of the endemic districts., MMDP (morbidity management and disability prevention) which is an integral component of elimination efforts are being undertaken in the state.
Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL): Visceral leishmaniasis is a neglected tropical disease affecting the poor and marginalized in the community, that is endemic to four states in India, having a country elimination goal. Uttar Pradesh is one of those endemic states where PATH has been providing strategic technical assistance for VL elimination efforts in the state, focused on the eastern region of UP state, where the diseases has high incidence and prevalence.
Key strategies for Kala-Azar elimination are based on:
- Early diagnosis and complete treatment
- Integrated vector management, including Indoor Residual Spray (IRS)
Key role and responsibilities:
Coordination and Implementation support to the divisional, district and sub-district health functionaries for achieving their target of LF & VL Elimination through:
- Report to the state project officer, while providing overall technical assistance to the district VBD program officers in their respective divisions, for implementing activities for LF and VL elimination, at the district and sub-district level.
- Be responsible for advocacy in their respective redefined evaluation units, through strategic engagement of the district level VBD officials, to implement high quality MDAs
- technical support in capacity building of district and block level VBD officers and health workers in components of ELF and EVL – Night Blood Survey, MDA, MMDP, LF Disease surveillance, Active Case Detection for VL, Indoor Residual Spraying etc.
- Supportive supervision and monitoring of different components of LF and VL program-MDA, MMDP, NBS, Pre-TAS, TAS, Entomological surveillance, ACD, IRS etc.
- Planning, coordination and technical support in organizing Mf and LF disease surveillance camps with the help of Filaria Control Units at block headquarters in the districts.
- Planning, coordination and technical support in ACD for VL & PKDL in affected villages/blocks. Follow -up of suspected VL/PKDL cases for early diagnosis and complete treatment.
- Planning and coordination to conduct Cross- Border meeting with neighboring states for VL and PKDL surveillance
- Provide technical support in coordination with WHO for planning, and conducting Pre-Transmission Assessment Survey (Pre-TAS) and TAS.
- Coordination with Medical Colleges in coordination with WHO counterparts, in their respective division for Post MDA assessment. Sharing feedback with concerned authorities.
- Planning and conducting district workshops for sensitization of Medical Health practitioners for timely reporting of suspected VL, PKDL and LF diseases /cases
- Review of analyzed data to identify areas of concern and share with concerned officials
- In addition, any other project related activities in UP , required and assigned by the NTD&M team at the state and national level
Eastern UP, India
India – Multiple Locations
- Preferably MBBS with 2-3 years of experience working in similar role, MD/MPH is an added advantage
- BDS/BAMs/BHMS with MPH and 4-5 years of working experience in public health program
- Experience of working with state government, NGO/CBO will be preferable
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Technical Knowledge and Expertise
- Good knowledge and understanding of the NTD program specially on Lymphatic Filariasis and Visceral Leishmaniasis
- Ability to work with a team of professionals from diverse backgrounds and working with government and non-government agencies to manage district or divisional level project
- Familiarity on functioning of state and national government agencies and non-government organizations
- Experience of working in coordination with multiple partners in public health program implementation on the ground
- Management Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report on work
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- IT literacy, familiarity with e-presentation techniques and ability to operate with on-line web-based applications
- Skills in facilitation and coordination, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner; commitment to teamwork and to working across disciplines
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Positive, constructive attitude to work
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Willingness to relocate as per the project need
- Builds and maintains constructive relationships with colleagues; treats people with respect; is cooperative, supportive and helpful with a positive contribution to the working environment
- Fluency of local language of respective state for which the application is being submitted
- Fluency in Hindi and English
How To Apply
To Apply on Official Website: Click Here
READ MORE: Latest Homoeopathy Jobs News