The Cabinet on 29 July 2020 gave ex-post facto approval to an agreement between India and Zimbabwe on cooperation in the field of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy.
The MoU, which was signed on November 3, 2018 and approved by the Cabinet on 29.07.2020, aims to provide a framework for cooperation between the two countries for the promotion of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy and will mutually benefit both nations in the field of traditional medicine, an official statement said.
The areas of cooperation identified by the MoU include-
- Promotion in the regulation of teaching, practice, drugs and drugless therapies,
- Supply of all medicine materials and documents necessary for demonstration and reference in achieving the objectives
- Exchange of experts for the training of practitioners, paramedics, scientists, teaching professionals and students among others.
- Mutual recognition of Pharmacopoeias and Formularies;
- Mutual recognition of systems of medicines which are officially recognized by the Parties;
- Mutual recognition of Educational Qualifications awarded Central/State recognized Universities of the Parties;
- Provision of Scholarships for education in recognized Institutions;
- Recognition of traditional preparations on a reciprocal basis by the qualified practitioners as per the existing laws of the respective Countries;
- Permission to practice on reciprocal basis by the qualified practitioners as per the existing laws of the respective Countries;
- Any other areas and/or forms of cooperation mutually agreed upon subsequently by the Parties.
The main objective of the MoU is to strengthen, promote and develop co-operation in traditional medicine systems between the two countries on the basis of equality and mutual benefit, it said.
Here is the Press release by Cabinet, Click the link below:-