Ministry Of AYUSH Publish :
Home care guidelines for children and Advisory for AYUSH Practitioners about prophylactic care in Children during the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 is the disease condition caused by a new Coronavirus SARS- CoV2. After declaration of it as pandemic, till date it has affected large population worldwide. In initial phase of pandemic mostly adults and elderly people were got affected.
But in second wave of infection incidences in children are increasing alarmingly. Though infection is generally mild in children than in adults and most of the children with COVID-19 infection may not require any specific treatment. However, children who are having a history of medical co-morbidity like obesity, type-1 diabetes, chronic cardiopulmonary disease, or in immune-comprised position; may be at higher risk.
It has been observed that the prophylaxes is the best approach to save children from this deadly virus. In various studies conducted so far, few Ayurveda medicines including of other systems of AYUSH have shown their efficacy in prophylaxis of COVID-19.
Though the immunity of the children is quite strong but with many mutant virus strains emerging, it is necessary to follow all protocols related to COVID-19 to prevent its effect. Children fall under most vulnerable group of our population.
In contrary to the adults, it is very difficult to plan for various preventive and management strategies in children due to their wide age range and anatomical, physiological, immunological and psychological differences.
This protocol will provide understanding of approach for care of children at home and support parents, caregivers and practitioners to take care of children during the pandemic of COVID-19.
- The guideline is supplement to the COVID-19 appropriate behavior and precautionary measures and it should not be taken as its substitute
- Parents/Guardians need to have a general consultation from a qualified AYUSH physician for following these measures as the guidelines are intended for the AYUSH practitioners and should not be taken without their consultation
- The guidelines provide a broad outlay on host defense mechanism based on AYUSH principles, all the measures advised need not to be advised in all children and Physicians may advise as per their own discretion.
- All the standing instructions issued by Health authorities (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, World Health Organization and state and local health authorities) are to be adhered completely and AYUSH Management may stand as ‘ADD ON’ to the present contemporary line of management.
- The medicines recommended here are based on Essential Drugs List, Standard Treatment Guidelines, Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India, Ministry of AYUSH Govt. of India along with considerations from
other recommendations issued by various health authorities across India.
- The practicing AYUSH physician has to have his/her own discretion in selecting medicines based on the
stage of the disease, symptom complex and availability of the drugs in their locality.
- Use of Mask, Hand Sanitization, Social/Physical distancing to break the chain, healthy nutritious diet and measures of improving immunity and all other general health care measures are to be advised as per the guidelines issued by health authorities from time to time
PARENTS/ CARETAKERS O F C H I L D R E N A R E ADVISED TO TAKE FULL V A C C I N A T I O N T O REDUCE THE RISK OF COVID-19 INFECTION IN THEIR CHILDREN
Prophylaxis and Symptomatic Care
Medicine: Arsenicum album 30C
Dosage: 4 globules twice daily for seven days.
- Dry Cough
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
Medicine: Indicated medicine as per totality of symptoms.
- Aconitum napellus,
- Arsenicum album,
- Bryonia alba,
- Eupatorium perfoliatum.,
- Ferrum phosphoricum.,
- Rhus toxicodendron, etc.
Dosage: The dose and repetition of the medicine to be determined by the treating physician as per homoeopathic principles
Read In Details: Ayush_HomeCareGuidelinesForChildren
Official Website: https://www.ayush.gov.in/
HOMOEOPATHY Guidelines References
- Effectiveness of Arsenicum album 30c in Prevention of Covid-19 in Individuals residing in Hot Spots of red zones-A Multicentric, Randomised, Cluster Level, Controlled trial Study Report.
- Effectiveness of Arsenicum album 30c in Prevention of Covid-19 in Individuals residing in Hot Spots of red zones in Delhi-A Prospective Cohort Study-Study Report.
- Effectiveness of individualized homoeopathy as an add-on to standard treatment of Covid-19- A multicentric, randomized, parallel arm, single blind, placebo, controlled trial Study Report.
- Homoeopathy as adjuvant to standard treatment protocol in management of corona virus infection-a rendomized, placebo controlled, open label study-Study Report.
- Real time effect of Arsenicum album 30c in prevention of Covid-19; a mass level Pan India observational study-Study Report.
Read also-Latest Jobs News