Panic and anxiety disorders affect approximately 10 per 100,000 population per year in INDIA.Panic attacks are twice as common in women as in men.
Overview & Facts
Everyone feels anxious now and then — when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test, or making an important decision. Anxiety disorders are different. They can cause such distress that it interferes with your ability to lead a normal life.
They’re a group of mental illnesses that cause constant and overwhelming anxiety and fear. The excessive anxiety can make you avoid work, school, family get-togethers, and other social situations that might trigger or worsen your symptoms.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are several types of anxiety disorders:
• Generalized anxiety disorder . You feel excessive, unrealistic worry and tension with little or no reason.
• Panic disorder . You feel sudden, intense fear that brings on a panic attack. During a panic attack you may break out in a sweat, have chest pain, and have a pounding heartbeat (palpitations). Sometimes you may feel like you’re choking or having a heart attack.
• Social anxiety disorder . Also called social phobia, this is when you feel overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about everyday social situations. You obsessively worry about others judging you or being embarrassed or ridiculed.
• Specific phobias . You feel intense fear of a specific object or situation, such as heights or flying. The fear goes beyond what’s appropriate and may cause you to avoid ordinary situations.
• Agoraphobia.You have an intense fear of being in a place where it seems hard to escape or get help if an emergency occurs. For example, you may panic or feel anxious when on an airplane, public transportation, or standing in line with a crowd.
• Separation anxiety. Little kids aren’t the only ones who feel scared or anxious when a loved one leaves. Anyone can get separation anxiety disorder. If you do, you’ll feel very anxious or fearful when a person you’re close with leaves your sight. You’ll always worry that something bad may happen to your loved one.
• Selective mutism. This is a type of social anxiety in which young kids who talk normally with their family don’t speak in public, like at school.
• Medication-induced anxiety disorder. Use of certain medications or illegal drugs, or withdrawal from certain drugs, can trigger some symptoms of anxiety disorder.
Causes of Anxiety Disorder
Some causes of anxiety disorders are:
• Genetics. Anxiety disorders can run in families.
• Brain chemistry. Some research suggests anxiety disorders may be linked to faulty circuits in the brain that control fear and emotions.
• Environmental stress. This refers to stressful events you have seen or lived through. Life events often linked to anxiety disorders include childhood abuse and neglect, a death of a loved one, or being attacked or seeing violence.
• Drug withdrawal or misuse. Certain drugs may be used to hide or decrease certain anxiety symptoms. Anxiety disorder often goes hand in hand with alcohol and substance use.
• Medical conditions. Some heart, lung, and thyroid conditions can cause symptoms similar to anxiety disorders or make anxiety symptoms worse. It’s important to get a full physical exam to rule out other medical conditions when talking to your doctor about anxiety.
Anxiety Disorder Symptoms
The main symptom of anxiety disorders is excessive fear or worry. Anxiety disorders can also make it hard to breathe, sleep, stay still, and concentrate. Your specific symptoms depend on the type of anxiety disorder you have.
Common symptoms are:
• Panic, fear, and uneasiness
• Feelings of panic, doom, or danger
• Sleep problems
• Not being able to stay calm and still
• Cold, sweaty, numb, or tingling hands or feet
• Shortness of breath
• Breathing faster and more quickly than normal (hyperventilation)
• Heart palpitations
• Dry mouth
• Tense muscles
• Thinking about a problem over and over again and unable to stop (rumination)
• Inability to concentrate
• Intensely or obsessively avoiding feared objects or places
Treatment & Care
Getting help for anxiety — as early as possible — gives you the best chance for recovery. Along with counselling,HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES may vary from person to person.Though selection of Homoeopathic medicine depends upon TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS,following medicine have good sphere of action on aforesaid condition.
N.B.-IT’S BETTER TO CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR.
LIST OF MEDICINES
• ACONITUM NAPELLUS-Great fear and anxiety of mind,with great nervous excitibiity,afraid to meet people,in crowd,any excitement,to cross the road.LIFE IS RENDERED BY FEAR.Fear of death.
• ANITIMONIUM CRUDUM-Great sadness,with a weeping mood.despair of life.Depression from disappointed lovelife..tendency to suicide.very sentimental.
• APIS MEL-Irritable,discouraged,despondent.Attacks from bad news,fright.
• ARGENTUM NITRICUM-Acute or Chronic mental anxiety.Very anxious,irritable,nervous persons.Stage fear.Diarrhoea before public meeting.
• ARSENICUM ALBUM-Severely anxious,restless.fear of death,anxious when alone,anxiety at midnight,can’t let sleep.Seems disease is incurable,medicine is useless.Fear&anxiety of death,during pregnancy.
• AURUM METALLICUM-CONSTANTLY DWELLING ON SUICIDE.WHERE LIFE BECAME A CONSTANT BURDEN..DESPAIR..PROBLEMS FROM PROLONGED DISPLEASURE.
• BELLADONNA-Hallucinations..fear &anxiety of imaginary things.
• CALCAREA CARBONICA-Severe confusion,difficulty in taking proper decision.
• GELSEMIUM-Nervous,depressed,weak person.used in lack of courage.Sudden attacks from bad news,fear,emotional attack.Fear of death.VERY GOOD MEDICINE OF STAGE FRIGHT,ANY PUBLIC APPEARING,EXAM ETC.
• HYOSCYAMUS NIGER-Irritability,nervousness,hysterical attack.Anxiety,restlessness with immodesty,lasciviousness.fear of lonliness.attack after unsuccessful lovelife.
• IGNATIA AMRA-Very good medicine for sensitive,nervous patient.PERSONS MENTALLY,PHYSICALLY EXHAUSTED BY LONG CONTINUED GRIEF.After suppressed mental suffering,shame,sorrow etc.Persons want be alone.
• NATRUM MURIATICUM-Continued affection of anger,grief,displeasure,fright.irritable,anxious,nervous persons.Sad weeping mood without relief.
• NUX VOMICA-Best for IRRITABLE persons.very anxious,nervous,zealous,impatient person.suffers from anxiety with irritability.suicidal tendency but afraid to die.
• PULSATILLA-Very good women remedy.nervousness,timidity with easy crying tendency.
• SEPIA-GREAT SADNESS,INDIFFERNT.DESPAIR,about every lovable things &persons.Anxiety,fear,Fear about public appearance,imaginary things.Indolence from Indifference,even indolence in thinking.
• STAPHYSAGRIYA-Indifferent,low spirited person.attack after insultation,hurting dignity.depression after excessive masturbation & sexual excess.
• THUJA OCCIDENTALIS-Various kind of Fixed mental state.,obscessive compulsive disorder.
2. BIOCHEMIC TABLETS:
Kali Phosphorica 6X – For Fear, Bad breath, Bed wetting, Constipation, Late menses, Energy
Arsenic Sulphuratum Flavum 4X – White Spots on Skin, Vitiligo, Fear, Relieves Anxiety, vertigo
Calcarea Silicata 3X – weakness, anxiety, vertigo, vomiting, irregular menses, acne, cough
Zinc Phos 6X – Back pain, headache, brain fag, lazy, anxiety
Aluminium Muriaticum 3X – For Trembling limbs, Constipation, Cold & sweaty hand, Anxiety, Headache
Dr. Reckeweg Bio Combination 12 -For Headache, Migraine, Students headache, Sleeplessness, Worry
Dr. Reckeweg Bio Combination 16 -Relieves Confusion, Irritability, Memory loss, exam stress, numbness
Bakson Biochemic Combination 12 -For Headache, Migraine, Students headache, Sleeplessness, Worry.
Bakson Biochemic Combination 16 -Reduces Confusion, Irritability, Memory loss, exam stress, numbness
Bio India Bio-Combination 12 -For Headache, Migraine, Students headache, Sleeplessness, Worry.
SBL Bio Combination 16 -Relieves Night terrors, confusion, Impaired memory, weakness, exam stress
Willmar Schwabe India Bio Combination 16 -Relieves Confusion, Irritability, Memory loss, exam stress,numbness
B Jain Bio Combination No 16 -Reduces Confusion, Irritability, Memory loss, exam stress, numbness
Lords Bio Combination No 16 -Reduces Confusion, Irritability, Memory loss, exam stress, numbness.
4.BACH FLOWER REMEDY
Bio India Bach Flower Oak -After Overwork, Workaholic, Mental Fatigue, Competitive, Stubborn
Bio India Bach Flower Rescue Remedy -Acts well in Stress, Relieves Anxiety, Panic Attack
Bio India Bach Flower Willow -For Irritability, restlessness, worry, anger, Blames others, unhappy
Bio India Bach Flower Crab Apple -The Cleansing Remedy, anxiety about cleanliness, Obsessive
Bio India Bach Flower Mimulus -For Fear, Stammering speech, Shyness, Sensitive, Lack of Courage
Bio India Bach Flower Agrimony -For Cheerful, People with Worries Behind Their Humour
Bio India Bach Flower Aspen -For Fear, Worry, Tension of small things
Bio India Bach Flower Walnut -Improves confidence level, help in decision making
Bio India Bach Flower Star Of Bethlehem -After Effect of Shock, Loss of close friend or family, Shocking News
Bhandari Bach Flower Sweet Chestnut -For Mental Anxiety, loss of confidence, worried, tension
Bhandari Bach Flower Rescue Remedy -Acts well in Stress, Relieves Anxiety, Panic Attack in Emergency
Bhandari Bach Flower Mimulus -For Fear, Stammering speech, Shyness, Sensitive, Lack of Courage
Bhandari Bach Flower Gorse -Great Hopelessness and Despair, Assuring That There Is So Little Hope of Relief
Bhandari Bach Flower Mustard -Reduces Depression, sadness for No Reason, crying
Bhandari Bach Flower Larch -For Lack of Confidence, Depressed feeling, sadness
New Life Bach Flower Elm -Reduces Depression, Exhaustion due to overwork, stress
New Life Bach Flower Rescue Remedy -For Stress, unwanted thoughts, fear, low confidence.
St. George Bach Flower Pine -For irritable, fault finder, unhappy always, Cannot take decision
St. George Bach Flower Wild Rose -For Loss of Motivation, confidence, No Ambition, unhappy, sad
St. George Bach Flower Holly -For people with bad temper, angry, full of aggression, abuse other
St. George Bach Flower Chestnut Bud -For people who repeats mistakes, Confused, Angry, Low self esteem
St. George Bach Flower Water Violet -For sadness, calm people, low confidence, reserved, talk less
St. George Bach Flower Red chestnut -For constant worry, stress, Fear Something Will Happen
St. George Bach Flower Gorse -Great Hopelessness, Despair, Assuring That There Is So Little Hope of Relief
St. George Bach Flower Elm -Relieves Depression, Exhaustion due to overwork, stress
St. George Bach Flower Olive -For Exhaustion after Mental, Physical stress, Fatigue, weakness
St. George Bach Flower White Chestnut -Repeated Unwanted Thoughts, Mental fatigue, Sleeplessness, Insomnia.
Beside the oversaid medicines or biocombinations,there are many more medicines present.Here its little information regarding Homoeopathic medicine given,but the SIMILIMUM can be found after proper case taking by your physician.