Overview & Facts
When We have allergies, it means our immune system reacts to something that’s usually harmless. This article explains the basics of an allergic reaction. Learn what happens when our immune system goes on high alert. Anyone can get them, at any age. we could develop them as a child, or we might not have any symptoms until we’re an adult. While our problem may seem to start in the nose or the eyes, allergies actually come from an immune system run wild.
Symptoms & Types
A. Respiratory Allergies
1. Spring Allergies There’s no cure but you can take steps to curb springtime allergies, from medication to household habits.
2. Summer Allergies Summer allergies are usually triggered by pollen from grasses and weeds.
3. Fall Allergies Ragweed, mold and dust mites are the biggest allergy triggers in the fall.
4. Winter Allergies If you have indoor allergies such as mold and dust mites, you may notice symptoms more during winter, when you spend more time inside.
5. Hay Fever Hay fever, also known as allergic rhinitis, is an immune disorder characterized by an allergic response to pollen grains and other substances. There are two types: seasonal, which occurs only during the time of year in which certain plants pollinate, and perennial, which occurs year-round.
6. Pollen Allergies When people are allergic to pollen from trees, grass, or weeds.
7. Mold Allergy All of us are exposed to some mold every day, and usually, there are no problems. But if you have allergies to it, you can have a reaction if you’re around too much of it
8. Dust Allergy For creatures we can’t even see, dust mites can stir up a lot of trouble.
9. Dog Allergy For a person with dog allergies, life of a dog-loving people isn’t easy.
10. Cat Allergy -About 10% of the global population has pet allergies and cats are among the most common culprits. Cat allergies are twice as common as dog allergies.
B. Food Allergies
1. Is It an Allergy or an Intolerance? Food allergies or food intolerances affect nearly everyone at some point. People often have an unpleasant reaction to something they ate and wonder if they have a food allergy.
2. Milk Allergy If you suffer from a milk allergy, strictly avoiding milk and food containing milk and milk products is the only way to prevent a reaction, which can include immediate wheezing, vomiting, and hives.
3. Casein Allergy If a glass of milk or slice of pizza causes swollen lips, hives, or other symptoms, you may have an allergy to casein, a protein in milk. Another milk protein associated with allergies is whey. Some people are allergic to both casein and whey.
4. Egg Allergy Egg allergies are more common in children than in adults. Reactions range from mild to severe.
5. Wheat Allergy It can be a challenge to avoid wheat because it’s in so many things.
6. Nut Allergy If you suffer from a nut allergy, strictly avoiding nuts, including peanuts and tree nuts like cashews and walnuts, and food containing nuts is the only way to prevent a reaction.
7. Fish Allergy If you’re allergic to one kind of fish, your doctor may have told you to avoid others. Here’s what to look out for.
8. Shellfish Allergy If you’re allergic to one type of shellfish, you may have problems with others. Take these steps to make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.
9. Sulfite Sensitivity Sulfites are a group of sulfur-based compounds that may occur naturally or may be added to food as an enhancer and preservative. The FDA estimates that one out of 100 people is sensitive to the compounds.
10. Soy Allergy If all you needed to do for a soy allergy was skip the soy sauce and tofu, life would be a breeze! But soybeans are a big part of processed foods, too.
C. Skin Allergies
1. Contact Dermatitis Something touches your skin, and your immune system thinks it’s under attack. It overreacts and sends antibodies to help fight the invader, called an allergen. The result is a red, itchy rash where the substance landed.
2. Hives (Urticaria) and Angioedema Hives, also known as urticaria, are an outbreak of swollen, pale red bumps, patches, or welts on the skin that appear suddenly — as a result of allergies, or for other reasons. In angioedema, the swelling happens under the skin, not on the surface.
3. Allergies to Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac Poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac are plants that contain an irritating, oily sap called urushiol. Urushiol triggers an allergic reaction when it comes into contact with skin, resulting in an itchy rash, which can appear within hours of exposure or up to several days later.
4. Allergies to Insect Stings Bee, wasp, yellow jacket, hornet, or fire ant stings are the insect stings that most often trigger allergies. Most people are not allergic to insect stings and may mistake a normal sting reaction for an allergic reaction.
5. Can You Be Allergic to the Sun? Most people’s skin will burn if there is enough exposure to ultraviolet radiation. However, some people burn particularly easily or develop exaggerated skin reactions to sunlight.
6. Cosmetic Allergies Some beauty products can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions. Certain ingredients used in cosmetics, such as fragrances and preservatives, can act as allergens, substances that trigger an allergic reaction.
7. Nickel Allergy A nickel allergy is a skin reaction that develops after exposure to nickel or items containing the metal.
C. Other Allergies
1. Eye Allergies Millions of people have allergies. Most of those millions have symptoms involving their eyes.
2. Allergic Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) Conjunctivitis is one of the most common and treatable eye conditions in children and adults.
3. Drug Allergies Many medications can cause side effects, and certain ones can trigger allergies.
4. Aspirin (Salicylate) Allergy If you’re allergic to chemicals called salicylates, you may need to avoid certain foods, medicines, and other products.
5. Penicillin Allergy Since the 1940s, penicillin has been a go-to drug to clear up infections caused by bacteria. But some people get a bad reaction from taking it.
1. Allergies and Asthma Asthma attacks (worsening of asthma symptoms) can be triggered by allergies, which can temporarily increase the inflammation of the airways in a susceptible person.
2. Allergies and Sinusitis Sinusitis is an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses. Allergies can trigger sinusitis.
3. What Happens in Anaphylaxis? Sometimes, allergies can cause a life-threatening reaction called anaphylaxis. It’s not common, but you should be aware of what to do if it happens.
4. Nasal Polyps Nasal polyps are noncancerous, teardrop-shaped growths that form in the nose or sinuses. They’re often linked to allergies or asthma.
Diagnosis & Tests
To pinpoint the allergy problem — and determine the treatment – your doctor will ask questions about your symptoms and habits. You’ll also need various tests.
How do people find the cause of allergies?
Most learn to recognize their allergy triggers; they also learn to avoid them in the name of allergy prevention.
Your Doctor may be able to help identify your triggers. Several different types of allergy tests are used to do this.
• Skin testing is the most widely used and the most helpful in finding the cause of allergies. There are several different methods, but all involve exposing the skin to small amounts of various substances and observing the reactions over time.
• Specific IgE tests generally identify IgE antibodies to specific antigens, or allergy triggers. The body produces antibodies to fight invaders, or allergens.
• Other tests involve eliminating certain allergens from your environment and then re-introducing them to see if a reaction occurs.
Treatment & Care
You can treat allergy symptoms with over-the-counter and prescription medications. Lifestyle changes like using air filters and avoiding triggers are important, too.
Living With Allergies
1. Non-Drug Treatments for Allergies Suppliments or management can’t replace allergy medications, but they can work alongside them. Here are some things that may help you breathe easier.
2. Allergy-Proof Your EnvironmentMedicines help treat allergy symptoms once they strike. But these easy steps can help you avoid having an attack no matter where you are.
3. Dehumidifiers for AllergiesMold, mildew, and dust mites don’t have to make you miserable. A home dehumidifier can help you breathe again.
4. Dust Mite Mattress and Pillow CoversSpecial mattress and pillow covers can protect against dust mites, microscopic creatures that can trigger dust allergies.
5. Avoiding Food Allergy TriggersFood allergies can be serious, but you can take steps to manage them. One of the best things you can do is avoid your trigger foods.
There is a great scope of Homoeopathy,to get rid of ALLERGY,along with lifestyle changes..Here is some over view of examples of HOMOEOPATHIC COMBINATION as well as HOMOEOPATHIC DILUTIONS,TABLETS etc..
N.B.:AS SELECTION OF HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE DEPENDS UPON TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS,HENCE YOUR DOCTOR KNOWS YOUR MEDICINE BEST…
1. HOMOEOPATHIC COMBINATIONS
Dr. Reckeweg R84 (Inhallergol) -Useful in Allergies due to pollen, Inhalants, air borne infection Dr. Reckeweg R49 (Rhinopulsan) -Reduces congestion, difficult breathing, Sneezing, Polyps in Nos
Dr. Reckeweg R1 (Anginacid) -Relieves all Inflammation, Mild to High Temperature, Conjunctivitis, Tonsils
Dr. Reckeweg R9 (Jutussin) -Useful in Dry Cough, difficult breathing, suffocative cough, sneezing
Dr. Reckeweg R43 (Herbamine) -Relieves Dry Cough, sore throat with pain, difficult breathing
Dr. Reckeweg R8 (Jutussin – Syrup) -Relieves Dry Cough, Wheezing, sore throat pain,breathlessness
Dr. Reckeweg R62 (Morbillin) -Relieves Irritation, redness of Eyes, Burning skin eruptions, cough
Dr. Reckeweg R24 (Pleurasin) -Relieves Chest Pain, Rib pains, pain in abdomen, congestion of nose,
Adel Pekana Adel 20 (Proaller) -Beneficial in allergies,itching , eczema ,sneezing &watery eyes
Adel Pekana Adel 7 (Apo-Tuss) -Beneficial in cold & cough, pain in throat,flu & bronchitis
Adel Pekana Adel 23 (Ricura) -Beneficial in sinusitis, running nose,sneezing & headache
Adel Pekana Adel 10 (Deasth) -Beneficial in whooping cough, bronchitis, asthma & pneumonia
Bakson Aller Aid Tablets -Used in Running Nose, Sneezing, Watery Eyes, Sinusitis, Nasal Allerg
Bakson Throat Aid Tablets –Sore Throat, Hoarseness with Loss of Voice, Laryngitis and Pharyngitis
Bakson Kof Aid Tablets-For Dry, Productive, Allergic, Wheezing Cough, Throat Pain,Dryness
Bakson Flu Aid Tablets -Lowers Mild to High Temperature, Body Ache, Headache, Sneezing, Allergy
Bakson B54 Pulmonic Drops -For Breathlessness, chest pain due to dry cough, Hawking, sore throa
Bakson Kof Aid Syrup -For Dry, Productive, Allergic, Wheezing Cough, Throat Pain,Drynes
Bakson Aller Aid Plus (Twin Pack) -For sinusitis, congestion, headache, Sneezing, blocked nose, cheek pain
Bakson B60 Inflammed Mucosa Drops -Relieves eye irritation, redness, Otitis, ear & Nose infection, Heat
Bakson B38 Reactivating Drops -Improves Immunity, controls recurrent skin infection, cold, allergies
Bakson Fevo Aid Syrup -Lowers Mild to High Temperature, Body Ache, Headache, Sneezing, Allergy
Bakson Nasal Aid Spray -Sneezing, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Nasal Allergy, Blocked Nose, Thick Discharge
Willmar Schwabe India Alpha Coff (Cough Syrup) -Helps in Bronchitis, Wheezing, Dry Cough with vomiting, breathless
Willmar Schwabe India Nisikind -Lowers Mild to High Temperature, Cough, Short Breath, Hoarseness, Body Pain
Willmar Schwabe India Alpha NC (Nasal Congestion) -Helps in Nasal Congestion,Thick Mucus in Nose, Headache, Allergic Rhinitis
Willmar Schwabe India Alpha CC (Chronic Cough) -Relieves Dry Cough, Irritation in throat, Hoarse voice, Sneezing
Willmar Schwabe India Alpha CF (Cold And Flu) -Lowers Mild to High temperature, Headache, Body Ache, fever
Willmar Schwabe India Alpha RC (Respiratory Catarrh) -Helps in Cold, Flu, Body Ache, Cough, Hoarse voice, Throat pain
Willmar Schwabe India Aconitum Pentarkan -Lowers Mild to High Temperature, Ear Pain, Running Nose
Willmar Schwabe India Rinikind -Useful in Difficult Respiration, Blocked Nose, Suffocative Coug
Willmar Schwabe India Glycyrrhiza Glabra 1X Tablets -Useful in Dry Irritating Cough, Sore Throat, Bronchitis, hoarse voice
Willmar Schwabe India Senega Pentarkan -Relieves sneezing, congestion, Bronchitis, Wheezing, Dry Coug
Willmar Schwabe India Luffakind -Relieves Sneezing due to Pollen Allergy, Cold, Running Nose
Willmar Schwabe India Tussistin Cough Syrup -Relieves Dry Cough, Pain in Chest & Congestion, throat pain & redness
Willmar Schwabe India Grindelia Pentarkan -Used in Asthma, Allergic Bronchitis, Wheezing, Dry Cough
Willmar Schwabe India Mama Natura Kit -A childrens kit for respiratory, immunity, cold, cough, sneezing
SBL Drops No 8 For Allergic Rhinitis -Relieves complaints of Sneezing, watering eyes, Obstructed nose, headache
SBL AF Tabs -Useful in Mild to High Temperature,Body Pains, cold, cough
Allen A75 Allergy Drops -Used in Running Nose, Sneezing, Watery Eyes, Sinusitis, Nasal Allergy
Allen A85 Eosinophilia Drops -Relieves Allergies of Nose, Throat, Lungs, Skin, lowers High ESR Level
Allen Vasakof Cough Syrup -Helps in Bronchitis, Wheezing, Dry Cough with vomiting, breathless
Allen Snorid -For Difficult Obstructed Respiration, Snoring, Nasal Blockage, Enlarged Polypus
Adven Rhineez Tablet -Relieves symptoms of allergic rhinitis, nasal congestion, helpful in running nose and watering eyes
Adven Tonsicare Tablets -Helpful in relieving of tonsil and throat pain, allergic rhinitis, relieves pharyngitis
REPL Dr. Advice No 9 (Allergy) -Skin Allergy, Urticaria, Rashes, Itching of Skin and Related Allergies
REPL Dr. Advice No 73 (Nasal Polyp) -Polyp in Nose, Blocked Nose with Watery Discharge, Rhinitis
REPL Dr. Advice No 175 (Dyspone-Cin) -Dyspnea, Shortness of Breath, Difficulty in Breathing, Tightening of Chest
REPL Dr. Advice No 17 (Asthmorin) -Asthma, Bronchitis, Restlessness, Respiration Constricted, Suffocation
REPL Dr. Advice No 42 (Tempex) -Lowers Mild to High Temperature with Body ache and Vomiting, Chillness, Cold and Headache
Lords Aller Cure Tablets -Used in Running Nose, Sneezing, Watery Eyes, Sinusitis, Nasal Allergy
Lords Sinus Drops -For sinusitis, congestion, headache, Sneezing, blocked nose, cheek pain
Lords L 133 Influenza Drops -For Dry Spasmodic Cough, Sore Throat, Hoarseness, Bronchitis and Chest Pain
Lords L 110 Cough Drops -For Dry Spasmodic Cough, Sore Throat, Hoarseness, Bronchitis and Chest Pain
Wheezal Nosolin Spray -For Allergic Rhinitis, Nasal Polyp, Sinusitis, Itchy Eyes, Watery Nose
Wheezal Nosoline Drops -For Allergic Rhinitis, Nasal Polyp, Sinusitis, difficult breathing
Wheezal Allerex Tablets -For Nasal Allergy, Rhinitis, Sneezing, Itchy Eyes, Running Nose & Cough
Wheezal WL-7 Cold And Cough Drops -Relieves Cold, Cough, Watery Nose, Sneezing, Itchy Eyes, Blocked nose
Wheezal WL-46 Eosinophilia Drops -Relieves Allergies of Nose, Throat, Lungs, Skin, lowers High ESR Level
Wheezal Sneezo-Corz Tablets -Helps in Sneezing, Running Nose, Flu & Lowers Mild to High Temperature.
2. BIOCOMBINATION TABLETS
SBL Bio Combination 5 -Coryza (Thick Nasal Discharge), Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
SBL Bio Combination 6 -Cough, Cold & Catarrh, Bronchitis, Rattling Cough, Difficulty in breathin
SBL Bio Combination 11 -Lowers the High Body temperature, Cold, Chills with Body Pains
Dr. Reckeweg Bio Combination 5 -For Coryza, Thick Nasal Discharge, Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
Dr. Reckeweg Bio Combination 5 -For Coryza, Thick Nasal Discharge, Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
Willmar Schwabe India Bio Combination 5 -For Coryza, Thick Nasal Discharge, Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
Willmar Schwabe India Bio Combination 6 -For Cough, Cold, Sneezing, Rattling Cough, Difficult breathing
Willmar Schwabe India Bio Combination 14 -For Sneezing, Running nose,sore throat, red cheeks, eruptions
Bakson Biochemic Combination 5 -For Coryza, Thick Nasal Discharge, Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
Bakson Biochemic Combination 6 -Cough, Cold & Catarrh, Bronchitis, Rattling Cough, Difficulty in breathing
Lords Bio Combination No 5 -For Coryza, Thick Nasal Discharge, Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
Lords Bio Combination No 6 -For Cough, Cold, Sneezing, Rattling Cough, Difficult breathing
Bio India Bio-Combination 5 -Coryza (Thick Nasal Discharge), Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
Haslab BICO 40 (Allergy) -Helps in Boosting Natural Immunity of Body, Sneezing, Skin problems
B Jain Bio Combination No 14 -For Sneezing, Running nose,sore throat, red cheeks, eruptions
B Jain Bio Combination No 5 -For Coryza, Thick Nasal Discharge, Sinusitis, Sneezing, Nasal Blockage
B Jain Bio Combination No 6 -For Cough, Cold, Sneezing, Rattling Cough, Difficult breathing
B Jain Bio Combination No 11 -Lowers the High Body temperature in Flu, Cold, Chills with Body Pains
3. HOMOEOPATHIC DILUTIONS
Aconitum Nap.-Sudden onset,cold dry wind,forcible sneezing with dropping of clear hot water.>in cold room,open air.
Allium Cepa-Acrid watery discharge from tip of the nose.violent sneezing with lachrimation.Spring coryza.Itching naustril&sneezing increase in warm room.Better in open fresh air.
Ammonium Carb-Mainly winter attack,with stoppage of nose at night.Frequent sneezing with discharge of burning water at daytime.sensitive to cold air,>warm room.
Ammonium Mur-Alternate stoppage of nose.LOSS OF SMELL.Frequent sneezing with acrid discharge&itching of nose.Burning in eyes with lachrymation.
Antimonium Tart-Sneezing with discharge alternate with stoppageof nose.Loss of smell &test.
Arsenicum Album:-Excessive discharge with constant sneezing without relief;CONSTANT RESTLESSNESS,ANXIETY.Relief by heat.with thirst for little water at a short interval.gastric complain or food allergy after eating fruits,icecream,decayed fish etc.
Arsenicum Iod-Frequent sneezing with fluent corryza.with irritation&discharge from eyes.
Baryta Carb-Smell extremely sensitive.Sneezing with discharge with swollen &reddenend naustril,lips.
Belladonna-Sudden onset,acute attack,violent sneezing without discharge,redness of face,throbbing headache,altered smell,sudden high rise of temperature.
Camphora-Fluent coryza on sudden change of weather;irritation,crawling sensation from the root of the nose to the tip of nose
Drosera-Frequent sneezing,particularly at morning,with or without discharge.No relief from sneezing.
Dulcamara-Mainly attack in rainy,damp season.every little change in weather excites the attack.
Euphrasia-Burning tears with sneezing,nasal discharge mild,itching of eyes.
Ferrum Phosphorica-Attack at same time..frequent sneezing,with discharge,at the very beginning stage,low grade fever,dust allergy.
Gelsemium-Mainly warm,soothing weather attack.very good for old people,less thirst,violent morning paroxysm of sneezing,low grade fever.
Hepar Sulph-Every little change of weather excites the attack.sneezing with swollen nose,throat pain..beside that any skin eruptions don’t heal easily.
Natrum muriaticum-Profuse sneezing in early morning,with watery discharge.LOSS OF SMELL &TASTE.Frontal headache with involvement of sinuses.Sun allergy,Sea foofd allergy,urticaria.
Psorinum-Great sensitive to cold air or change of weather.severe weakness.very chilly patient.Offensive body odour,every discharge offensive.History of skin disease eruptions.Hay fever,same time of every year.Tendency to any kind of skin diseases.
Pulsatilla-Sneezing with or without discharge.Loss of smell &taste.usually thirstless.Gastric disorder after eating fat food,icecream.
Rhustox-Sneezing with discharge,with bodyache,fever.urticaria.
Sulphur–Sneezing with burning water discharge specially when in outdoor,stoppageof nose in indoor.may be epistaxis.any kind of skin allergy.Any history of skin disease suppression.
Thyroidinum-Any allergic reaction,e.g.allergic skin eruption,allergic rhinitis,urticaria,hypertrophy of inferior nasal turbinate etc.Complaints with intrauterine history of HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM or ECLAMPSIA.
Zincum Muriaticum-Sneezing with watery discharge.Loss of smell.weakness.
Beside the oversaid medicines or biocombinations,there are many more medicine present.here its little information regarding Homoeopathic medicine…but the similimum can be found after proper case taking by physician.